It is a long-term, multiple-entry visa for parents and grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens. The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa (Super Visa) is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents to stay for up to 2 years in Canada per visit. It is valid for up to 10 years. A regular multiple-entry visa is also valid for up to 10 years, but only allows stays of up to 6 months per visit.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS VISA?
Book Your Appointment
- This visa is for parents and grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
- The parent or grandparent must be considered admissible to Canada and meet other conditions.
- For example, applicants need a letter of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada, who meets the minimum required income.
- Applicants also need to purchase and show proof of Canadian medical insurance that meets the minimum requirements and covers them for at least 1 year.
- The process is different if the parent or grandparent is from a country where a visa is required to enter Canada as a visitor.